Pages

Friday, November 4, 2011

Alex Beer and Soda Distributors

    A nice afternoon yesterday so I decided to take the 15 minute walk from my apartment down to Alex Beer and Soda Distributors to see what they had.

    About a third of this large warehouse area is dedicated to soda (they also have a good selection of juices and beer). In addition to the ubiquitous Coke and Pepsi products they carry several less common brands with an emphasis on Latin American brands. I noted Jarritos, Crush, Top Pop, Tropical Fantasy, Country Club, Ting, Dr.Browns, White Rock...... But for the sake of this trip, and my own personal tastes, I stuck to seeking out cane sugar sodas. Some of the highlights here are Mexican Coke, Mexican Pepsi and a few Jarritos products. I picked up a Manzana Lift (Coca-Cola) and a Squirt (Pepsi), both mad in Mexico, and headed out...

Todays haul
    Across the street from Alex Beer and Soda is a PathMark so I decided to go in to see what they had. Surprisingly a couple of interesting finds. On the "ethnic" foods aisle I found a full line of Goya sodas and Citadelle sodas from Jamaica that I haven't seen before. I picked up a Citadelle Banana soda and Goya Sangria and Golden sodas.


Also on the soda aisle I spotted Pennsylvania Dutch birch beer. Not an unusual find in NYC stores but a nice alternative.


Going home I decided to take the train so I headed west on 207th St to the A. On the way I went in to Dollar Tower dollar store and was very happy to find a Jarritos Mexican Cola! Surprisingly a harder find in the city (at least it has been for me). Probably one of Jarritos best products and a really good cola. Can't wait to get it chilled!


This time out I picked up a Manzana Lift, Squirt, Goya Sangria, Goya "El Dorado", Citadelle Banana and Jarritos Mexican Cola. All in all a good soda trip.

No comments:

Post a Comment